Adequate Boat Insurance
If you own a boat, yacht, or other watercraft, you will likely want to protect your investment, as well as stay within legal operations by following state laws pertaining to boating. Having adequate boat insurance is a component of boating that is essential to keep you and your boats protected while on and off the water.
Our agents at StateChoice of West Hartford, CT understand the importance of having adequate boat insurance when you are enjoying the waterways in Connecticut. We can help you find the right policy customized for your specific needs.
Types of Boat Insurance
To understand if you have adequate boat insurance it is helpful to know the most common types of insurance available. Here are types of boat insurance:
- Liability – Covers legal expenses and other legal liabilities arising from bodily injury or damages to other people’s property as a result of your boat’s operations.
- Medical Payments – Can pay for medical expenses like hospital stays, ambulance, and other costs of people injured on your boat.
- Uninsured/Underinsured – When other boaters that do not have liability insurance cause harm or damages, this type of coverage protects you.
- Personal Property – Sporting goods, fishing equipment, and other personal belongings can be covered with personal property insurance.
- Physical Damage – Collisions with objects in the water such as docks, as well as fire and vandalism are some damages that this kind of insurance covers.
Expert Insurance in West Hartford
The professional agents at StateChoice located in West Hartford, CT are here to help with your insurance needs. Give us a call or use our convenient online portal to speak to one of our agents about your boat insurance options. We look forward to working with you to get the coverage you need for all of your watercraft.